BTA Still Acclimating?

JediCruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had this Rainbow BTA in my tank for about 19 hours (don’t mind the GHA, I’m winning that battle). It settled in that spot last night. Though, all I’ve I’ve seen today is it’s tips inflating and deflating (something it doesn’t like?) as you can see in the video. It’s not as big as it was in the LFS. How long before I should start worrying. Parameters are as follows:

0 Nitrates
0 Phosphates
(These 2 will only be this low until the GHA is gone)
1.025 SG Salinity
78% F Temp
520 Calcium
8 dkh Alkalinity
7.8 ph

Last edited:

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They usually move around a bit for the first few days until they find their "happy spot", so I don't think you need to be concerned. Just keep a loose eye on it - I'm sure it's still adjusting to the new environment.
Agreed would not worry....let it ride. Once the gha is gone I'd watch the Nitrate doesn't go too wild. A slow acclimate there too. My Long Tent, was used to zero nitrates, I elevated it super slow, and still thriving at about 10-15 ppm..

OP
OP
JediCruz

JediCruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks more inflated today but it hasn’t moved. I hope that it does stay where it’s at. It’s a good spot.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks more inflated today but it hasn’t moved. I hope that it does stay where it’s at. It’s a good spot.
It will move out into the light once it’s settled in (mine has moved around for months and has just in the past several weeks settled at the top of the rocks).

Back