Bta swollen

Onlymixlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have had a bta for about 5 mouth now no problem with it. Recently out night he swells like he about to burst but by the morning he is fine until the next night. Can anyone tell me what’s going on? All water parameters Are in line as well.
E9BAC6BD-210B-4B4C-A1BD-BD81AF603DFF.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Assure salinity-ph-temperature- nitrate not elevated
Mine does this when it has a sizable meal

Upvote 0

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have had a bta for about 5 mouth now no problem with it. Recently out night he swells like he about to burst but by the morning he is fine until the next night. Can anyone tell me what’s going on? All water parameters Are in line as well.
E9BAC6BD-210B-4B4C-A1BD-BD81AF603DFF.jpeg
is it deflated all day?
bubble-tip-anemone-philippines.jpeg

A healthy BTA will be inflated as shown above.

Lights? Params? tank age?

Upvote 0

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have questions -

Are you monitoring your PH? Could it be a PH drop at night? Is anything else in the tank reacting? Due to the length of time of ownership with "no issues" I'm going to make a guess that there is a water quality or parameter problem....and if it's only at night that makes me think PH declining? I'm absolutely guessing. I have never seen that. Are you running any carbon? I've heard of some tentacles swelling or small bubbles on them linked to splitting, but that's not my experience or my opinion. This is not normal. Could it be a prolapse of some kind???? By why only at night? Boy, now I'm curious. You got my gears turning.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

Onlymixlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it deflated all day?
bubble-tip-anemone-philippines.jpeg

A healthy BTA will be inflated as shown above.

Lights? Params? tank age?
No by the time I wake up n the morning he is fine . Light ai prime, water stays in line had nose prostate problem a while back but that was it. And tank is about 9 months old.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

Onlymixlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have questions -

Are you monitoring your PH? Could it be a PH drop at night? Is anything else in the tank reacting? Due to the length of time of ownership with "no issues" I'm going to make a guess that there is a water quality or parameter problem....and if it's only at night that makes me think PH declining? I'm absolutely guessing. I have never seen that. Are you running any carbon? I've heard of some tentacles swelling or small bubbles on them linked to splitting, but that's not my experience or my opinion. This is not normal. Could it be a prolapse of some kind???? By why only at night? Boy, now I'm curious. You got my gears turning.
Never checked it at Gonna check and see and water always the same when I check it . And i been had a carbon bag n there for a while now nothing seem to change with it n there and about two weeks ago it starts this . And yes got me wondering to cause when I get off work , it out looking great when I get home .

Upvote 0

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back