BTA Varieties/Compatibility

reefnar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goooooood reefvening everybody!!
We have decided to add a 60G BTA/Clown tank to our family.

Wondering which color/types of BTAs go with which color/types of other BTAs.

We have a good mix of rainbows and roses in our main tank, but we want to add some color when we are ready to move everyone to the new tank

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every day I'm more convinced that rainbows and rose are the same thing. I'd check out aquaSD auctions on eBay. He always has some variations for good prices.

OP
OP
reefnar

reefnar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every day I'm more convinced that rainbows and rose are the same thing. I'd check out aquaSD auctions on eBay. He always has some variations for good prices.
Yeah there’s only one of our rainbows that we KNOW is a rainbow. Everyone else looks like a rose.

do you know of another variation of BTA that goes well with those guys? I’ll check out aquaSD now, thanks!!

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering the same thing myself. I have an Acid Rain and a Rainbow, and I'm wondering if I could sneak another different color in there with them.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm specifically curious about different varieties of BTAs, though. I know some of the more expensive Sunbursts and such will wage war, but I'm wondering about some of the other varieties.
My question would be: are there really that many different varieties of BTA, or do we just have a bunch of BTAs with fancy names so they'll sell? Someone mentioned an "acid rain" BTA earlier, which is literally just a green BTA with white speckles. Rainbows are just roses with blue oral discs. Black Widows are just rainbows with darker oral discs. The "designer" colors are "weaker" anemones because they've been selectively bred to produce certain traits, but at the end of the day they're all BTAs. My 2 cents anyway lol

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best I can toss in the mix is that I have rainbows and rose that are touching all day long without issue.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question would be: are there really that many different varieties of BTA, or do we just have a bunch of BTAs with fancy names so they'll sell? Someone mentioned an "acid rain" BTA earlier, which is literally just a green BTA with white speckles. Rainbows are just roses with blue oral discs. Black Widows are just rainbows with darker oral discs. The "designer" colors are "weaker" anemones because they've been selectively bred to produce certain traits, but at the end of the day they're all BTAs. My 2 cents anyway lol
I mean, of course that's true, but I think names are important for the exact reasons you mentioned. When someone says "Rose BTA" or "Rainbow BTA" a picture comes to mind and you know exactly what they're talking about.

The same could be said for torches, zoas, etc. Sure, the name game can get out of hand, but the names do mean something.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 "RBTA" that look like black widows. Black oral disc with yellow specks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back