BTA vs. montipora

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gw2kpro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gw2kpro

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2019
Messages
167
Reaction score
269
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bubble tip split last night. It had been looking terrible the last 3-4 days, not inflating per normal, now I know why.

Anyway, I have it on its own rock about the size of a softball, it had stayed within a couple of inches of where I originally put it and was well behaved. Upon splitting, one half stayed put. The other half crawled over the rock and is now sitting about 1/4" from the only other resident on the rock, a red plating montipora, my daughter's favorite coral.

Am I correct in assuming that it's not going to end well for the monti and I'm going to have to move someone? Or does anyone have a setup where these things are touching?
 
I had a monti right next to a BTA. The swaying tentacles of the BTA did damage the tissue of the monti over time, just by brushing up against the monti slightly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new