BTA vs powerhead - dead or not yet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter medcinmn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

medcinmn

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
8
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night my Bubble Tip Anenome was sucked into my powerhead, this is what it looks like today. It's tentatcles are still moving, albeit slowly Thoughts? Incidentally, I found out afterwards of different types of covers to prevent this.

IMG_3486.jpg IMG_3485.jpg
 
I had one go threw a powerhead a while back and looked pretty similar to yours. It pulled threw I would just keep and eye on him and run some carbon.
 
If he will stick he’s not dead.
If he won’t stick or starts to fall apart, discard.
I have had this problem, what a resilient inhabitant.

2DCCDC34-A59F-4667-ABB0-84837C9E47C4.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new