Bubble anemone. Either hitchhiker or split?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KJ20
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KJ20

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2021
Messages
22
Reaction score
6
Location
Frisco
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a Rose tip bubble anemone. Added it to the tank with the rock it came on and as promised it moved quickly to find its most favorable spot. 2 days later.... it remained in its new spot. 3rd day it moved again back to the rock it came on. Nope....it really moved to another area of live rock in my tank. The one on the rock is small and I do not know where it came from. Does anyone know if it split immediately in my tank or if I had a hitchhiker? Because now I have 2.
 
Likely the stress of moving and the new tank caused it to split. If we can see the individual in enemies you can see if they've split recently by a clear picture of the mouth and surrounding area.
Does the side of the anemone have what looks like a cut on it bc of the . Like it may not be a perfect circle. If that’s the case I bet it split. It so cute. I love this hobby
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new