Bubble build up on rocks

GothFishKeeper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
423
Reaction score
181
Location
Bolingbrook
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently started dosing SeaChem Stability and I just finished the initial seven days of daily dosing. There has been a lot of algae build up on my rocks, which I believe is a result of that dosing. I’ve been noticing though that my rocks are covered in bubbles. I assume it’s the rocks releasing nitrogen gas and having those gas bubbles trapped in the algae. What can/should I do about this? I’ve rubbed the bubbles and algae off multiple times now and they keep coming back.

IMG_8297.jpeg IMG_8305.jpeg
 
So I recently started dosing SeaChem Stability and I just finished the initial seven days of daily dosing. There has been a lot of algae build up on my rocks, which I believe is a result of that dosing. I’ve been noticing though that my rocks are covered in bubbles. I assume it’s the rocks releasing nitrogen gas and having those gas bubbles trapped in the algae. What can/should I do about this? I’ve rubbed the bubbles and algae off multiple times now and they keep coming back.

IMG_8297.jpeg IMG_8305.jpeg
The bubbles are possibly oxygen from increased algae growth. The bacteria additive probably has not done anything yet
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new