Bubble Coral Feeder tentacle Beware

Hunter90 HD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon / evening fellow reefers,

If anyone ever wondered how long Bubble tip tentacles can be, take a look at my bubble coral on the hunt for food..

This one has to be at least 9inches long!

So beware any new reefers, when we say these feeder tentacles can reach out and sting other corals, this is why :).

OP
OP
Hunter90 HD

Hunter90 HD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People who keep bubble corals with others, have to strategically place them. Yes, they have long sweepers. Most newer reefers wouldn't know this without looking for information. But, seeing is believing.
Definitely,
It’s true I’ve seen mine get around 5 inches long, and then the other day I noticed it wiped a chalice out that 7 inches away, thought it was safe…..oops
Nothing is safe around these corals within an arms length

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
With bubble coral, you want a 4" clearance around them. They pack a good sting to neighboring coral

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that coral is on the bottom of what might be a fairly tall tank? What PAR level does the bubble get?

I'm getting a bubble tomorrow and am trying to decide on location. I have a 2" tank, so I was worried the bottom might be too dark.

OP
OP
Hunter90 HD

Hunter90 HD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that coral is on the bottom of what might be a fairly tall tank? What PAR level does the bubble get?

I'm getting a bubble tomorrow and am trying to decide on location. I have a 2" tank, so I was worried the bottom might be t
I'd say its getting around 70-100 par too much and they with loose their color these need to be kept at the bottom I have found for best results

Back