Bubble Coral Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter kbocker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kbocker

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, we’ve had this bubble coral for 2 years. It’s been doing amazing and quadrupled in size and split once. Over the past two weeks I noticed a large clear bubble in the center. Occasionally it would twist and deflate but would always puff back up to normal.

Today I noticed its mouth open with pieces of the septa sticking out and looking pretty stressed.

Flow is low and indirect
Lighting is 150 PAR
Magnesium 1370
Calcium 470
Alkalinity 3.0 meq/L
Nitrates 0-5
Phosphates 0.05

I dose amino acids and reef chili 2x weekly, phyto 2x weekly, and feed meaty foods like brine once weekly.

Everyone else in the tank is doing well. Please help 😅

IMG_8957.jpeg
 
Here’s what it looked like last week…
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8580.jpeg
    IMG_8580.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8834.jpeg
    IMG_8834.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 31

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new