Bubble coral

Max H.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a beginner aquarist and was wondering if bubble coral is a easy coral for beginners. I heard it is aggressive though and I have 2 clownfish, zoanthids, and a Xenia. Will it sting my fish or other corals

captain_jimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first coral was a bubble in my 5 month old system. It's great and pretty easy to keep IMO.

Mine gets hassled a little bit by an emerald crab and will shrink up when that happens but otherwise it's always happy.

I feed it a mysis shrimp once or twice a week and it's looking bigger in the few months I've had it.

Sea_Shanty_Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a beginner aquarist and was wondering if bubble coral is a easy coral for beginners. I heard it is aggressive though and I have 2 clownfish, zoanthids, and a Xenia. Will it sting my fish or other corals
They're decently easy to keep as long as you have good water parameters. They do have some pretty long sweeper tentacles sometimes, so you'll want to give it plenty of space. I lost a goni to a bubble coral that was about 6" away.

captain_jimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're decently easy to keep as long as you have good water parameters. They do have some pretty long sweeper tentacles sometimes, so you'll want to give it plenty of space. I lost a goni to a bubble coral that was about 6" away.
I've read they can get 6" tentacles.
Mine has maybe 1" ones which I've always thought seemed small considering it's a decent sized coral.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.7%
Back