• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bubble King 650ext Modified

SethTheWineGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. This is THE big boy. About 18 months of use on it. Original MSRP $15k + $1k for custom neck cleaner and wash down lid. Perfect condition.

While out of town this summer, I had a power outage and power backup failure. Took major loses in my coral population. I don't have the energy to grow acro's anymore and my backup skimmer will be sufficient for LPS.

Skimmer is currently running on tank. I want people to see it functioning perfectly before leaving with it. You will need to be prepared to wait while I tear it down (or you can help me) and two people to move it.

Price is firm at $5,500. Cash in hand is King. If paying through Paypal, pickup needs to be within 7 days unless we agree to other arrangements.
IMG_7699.jpeg
tFbwNWYfSTq7U3%azXq6yQ.jpg
IMG_7543 2.jpeg

foshizzle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Includes a rotating rubber blade neck cleaner? How much water was it handling?

OP
OP
SethTheWineGuy

SethTheWineGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Link to neck cleaner.
https://aquadriverusa.com/products/...-head-sch-for-500mm-diameter-protein-skimmers

Neck cleaner is also a dual wash down. One wash down independently sprays debris off the outer part of the neck inside the skimmer cup. The other wash down works inside the neck with the rubber blade to rinse as the blade swipes. As far a handling water? Unless you have a public aquarium, I don't think there's a private tank in the US this skimmer couldn't handle.

I was told at time of purchase that this is the only 650ext Modified skimmer in the USA.

scranton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you mean when you call it the only modified skimmer?

OP
OP
SethTheWineGuy

SethTheWineGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's Royal Exclusive's descriptor of the product. I have no idea. I don't see any other 650ext offered by them. I guess they just like adding the extra words for marketing? Dunno.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah. This is THE big boy. About 18 months of use on it. Original MSRP $15k + $1k for custom neck cleaner and wash down lid. Perfect condition.

While out of town this summer, I had a power outage and power backup failure. Took major loses in my coral population. I don't have the energy to grow acro's anymore and my backup skimmer will be sufficient for LPS.

Skimmer is currently running on tank. I want people to see it functioning perfectly before leaving with it. You will need to be prepared to wait while I tear it down (or you can help me) and two people to move it.

Price is firm at $5,500. Cash in hand is King. If paying through Paypal, pickup needs to be within 7 days unless we agree to other arrangements.
IMG_7699.jpeg
tFbwNWYfSTq7U3%azXq6yQ.jpg
IMG_7543 2.jpeg

This looks like something from Apollo 11 !!!!

OP
OP
SethTheWineGuy

SethTheWineGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you mean when you call it the only modified skimmer?
Looks like I stumbled upon the answer. A member of my local club posted a pic of his old 650. Beside being an internal, you'll notice, it only had two Red Dragon pumps. Mine has FOUR. Hence, "Modified"

4FB84F9B-52BA-45C6-B033-7E083E9686CD.jpeg

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I stumbled upon the answer. A member of my local club posted a pic of his old 650. Beside being an internal, you'll notice, it only had two Red Dragon pumps. Mine has FOUR. Hence, "Modified"

4FB84F9B-52BA-45C6-B033-7E083E9686CD.jpeg

Everyone who has a BK skimmer looks at this and drools...... free bump!

Wonf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow...
looks like the skimmer may have held more water than the 40 breeder... lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.6%
Back