• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bubble King Double Cone 200 RD3 DC Pump

ColdOceanReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double King Cone 200, RD3 DC Pump. Under 2y old. I also have the Reef Octopus Elite 200. So this one is barely used. I have installed the float switch for breakout box. Can easily be removed.
This is the version where it has the base of the pump (PCV) piece not attached (see image)

$800 TYD.

6EC48B15-C62A-4405-8CF5-F7642CDAAEA1.jpeg

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said you have the RO Elite 200 as well. Did you like that skimmer better than this one so you decided to sell this one? I'm trying to find a skimmer that I can use on an 80 gallon tank for 6months to a year and then transfer to a 180gal tank. I've been considering this skimmer and the RO Elite 200.

OP
OP
ColdOceanReef

ColdOceanReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said you have the RO Elite 200 as well. Did you like that skimmer better than this one so you decided to sell this one? I'm trying to find a skimmer that I can use on an 80 gallon tank for 6months to a year and then transfer to a 180gal tank. I've been considering this skimmer and the RO Elite 200.

I like both skimmers. Both pretty quiet and served me well. I like the bubble king better because I ended up replaced the controller on the RO Elite. in such a short time. I personally feel that the noise of the RO Elite just a bit higher. I had the tank in my family room. Late at night I can here the RO humming a bit, but not the bubble king.

I did try to sell the RO elite here at one point. Though, I recently took the tank down and now I’m selling this one as well.

Thanks for looking.

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like both skimmers. Both pretty quiet and served me well. I like the bubble king better because I ended up replaced the controller on the RO Elite. in such a short time. I personally feel that the noise of the RO Elite just a bit higher. I had the tank in my family room. Late at night I can here the RO humming a bit, but not the bubble king.

I did try to sell the RO elite here at one point. Though, I recently took the tank down and now I’m selling this one as well.

Thanks for looking.
Thanks for the response. What size tank and Bioload were you using these skimmers on?

OP
OP
ColdOceanReef

ColdOceanReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 150g heavy bioload. However, the RO elite I ran fulltime 100%.
the Bubble King 200 I ran about 50% but every other week. I took it off to clean and keep it off for a week. Thanks

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 45.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back