Bubble King Skimmer: Review & Tips on Use

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefBum
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefBum

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
627
Reaction score
1,120
Location
Warren, VT
What state or country do you live in
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started using a Bubble King Double Cone 250 skimmer and it did have a bit of a learning curve so I put this video together and included some tips on how to dial it in.

 
Great video thank you for making this. I was actually looking into the 200 version.

1. Do you think this would be a good sized skimmer for a 180g plus 50g heavily stocked fish tank with mixed corals.

2. Any idea on the foot print of the 200? I have looked at several websites and they have given different answers.

Thank you very much!
 
Great video thank you for making this. I was actually looking into the 200 version.

1. Do you think this would be a good sized skimmer for a 180g plus 50g heavily stocked fish tank with mixed corals.

2. Any idea on the foot print of the 200? I have looked at several websites and they have given different answers.

Thank you very much!
Thanks! I am actually using it on my 187 gallon tank and I will be adding either a 40 - 50 gallon frag tank to my system soon....so, yes, I think this would be just fine for your setup. Not sure on the foot print of the 200.
 
I'm okay with the 250 as long as it's not overkill :) Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new