Bubble magnus curve 5 (sp1000 pump)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fry1992
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fry1992

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2021
Messages
69
Reaction score
11
Location
England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I am based in the UK

I recently purchased a 2nd hand bubble magnus curve 5 protein skimmer. It worked for approx 1 month and now the pump has broken. It's been 3 weeks and nowhere in the UK has an SP1000 pump in stock. Is there any alternative pumps that I can use ? Id rather not buy a brand new skimmer as I just spend money on this one
 
Have you taken the pump apart yet to see if it’s salvageable? Pumps do sometimes suck up debris that can make them seize!

Alternatively, you’ll likely have to do some crafty adapting and reverse engineering to size another pump dimensionally, and performance-wise…
 
I have taken it all apart and nothing seems to be stuck, cleaned it all and put it back together no joy. It doesn't splutter etc it doesn't turn on at all. Tried changing fuse also but no joy. Thanks for finding that one but although it says 1-2 day delivery it also says out of stock at the top 😕
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new