Bubble Magnus Curve 7 non stop overflow

dahlinjs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Folks,

I have had my Bubble Magnus Curve 7 for about 2+ years. I would say for about half the time it’s has worked correctly and that was in the first year. Ever since i moved i cannot get it to slowly bubble, it just volcanos over the top. I have only had a salt water tank for about 5 years and still consider myself a novice so i am here to throw myself to the group and ask for help. I have taken the skimmer apart a couple of times to clean it and have watched videos to make sure i reassemble correctly but i am at a loss here. The skimmer is currently sitting in about 8 inches of water in my sump, Ive done months of water changes with no change in skimmer activity. It is in the same chamber as the overflow tube and there is a filter sock on there but Ive tried keeping the sock off to see if there would be any change in activity and i can’t get anything to change. I mess with the turn style adjustment tube and it does change the flow speed but nothing short of a slower complete over flow. All of my number’s like salinity, ph, nitrates and trites are good. I’m within parameters on everything. I feel like I’m just missing something very basic. Please, any suggestions will help. Thanks

IMG_4967.jpeg IMG_4966.jpeg

Jason_MrFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Was it a new filer sock? I've noticed that has caused my skimmer to go nuts. I would open up the gate valve all the way and take off the skimmer cup. Raise skimmer up so it lowers level and won't bubble over

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back