Bubble Magnus Elite vs Extreme

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dodger
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dodger

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2021
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Location
surrey, bc
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All. I just bought a Red Sea 425 G2. I am looking at protein skimmers and cannot find the difference between these two skimmers? Does anyone know? Thanks for the help.
 
Any experience which pump is better? The Elite (older model) is more than the extreme (newer model)?
 
I just got one with the Sicce (Elite) back in March, and the pump just died on me, so I'm now looking at maybe just buying the extreme.

It claims the pump is more powerful and quiet than the previous version, but I haven't found any first hand reviews.
 
I ended up buying the extreme but haven’t set it up yet. Next week. Thanks for the info.
 
I just got one with the Sicce (Elite) back in March, and the pump just died on me, so I'm now looking at maybe just buying the extreme.

It claims the pump is more powerful and quiet than the previous version, but I haven't found any first hand reviews.
I think you can just replace the pump. Sicce might replace it under warranty. Worth a try
 
Hopefully yours breaks in and holds it.

My elite will overflow for an entire week before resuming normal skimming. I can't/don't dare to clean inside the neck any more. Dump the cup and back on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new