Bubble Magus Curve 5 HELP!

Napa Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2015
Messages
363
Reaction score
143
Location
Napa CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I installed this skimmer on Saturday and soon after it started overflowing with really wet foam. It is set to minimum and it is still overflowing.

Anyone own one of these that can help me figure what's going on?
 
How deep is the water it's in? There is an optimum depth for the skimmer to work properly. Too deep and it will overflow no matter how you set it.
 
So I installed this skimmer on Saturday and soon after it started overflowing with really wet foam. It is set to minimum and it is still overflowing.

Anyone own one of these that can help me figure what's going on?
Raise the whole skimmer or lower your water level in your sump
 
About 6 inches [emoji15]

Oh boy! Now you have me scratching my head. Are you sure you have the outflow valve open all the way? When I first set up a skimmer I start with this outflow opened all the way, and then slowly start to close it down.


Also, are you getting good bubble formation or is it just a solid column of water?
 
I have a curve 5 and every single time I clean it it overflows for 15-20 mins. I started taking the collection cup off and waiting till it resumes normal operation before putting the cup back on. I also had to make a stand to raise it in my sump. Maybe it's just breaking in. Good luck!!
 
I have a curve 5 and every single time I clean it it overflows for 15-20 mins. I started taking the collection cup off and waiting till it resumes normal operation before putting the cup back on. I also had to make a stand to raise it in my sump. Maybe it's just breaking in. Good luck!!

How high do you keep water level?
 
From the top of the skimmer stand to the water line its 9". I've had to lower it a few times once it broke in. Hope this helps.
 
So my skimmer went from overflowing to producing wet skimate to not even have the bubbles reach the neck!
 
Sounds like it broke in.. Dial it up to the foam is at the bottom of the collection cup
 
Yeah, mine is in 6" of water, set to 1, and pulling out dark skimate.

img_0862_22840912169_o.jpg
 
Mine did the same. I would just cover 1/2 or 3/4 of the air hole with a piece of clear tape to limit the air flow into the skimmer. Then the level dropped, back it off to 1/2, drop again, then you can take tape off and start adjusting the output of the skimmer
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new