Bubble magus curve 5 very noisy

becs_nano_reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2023
Messages
16
Reaction score
5
Location
england
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I’ve set up my new skimmer. I got the bubble magus curve. All the reviews I’ve read have all said it’s pretty much silent! I can very much hear mine! Not the sound of water but the motor! A very loud humming noise! Anyone else have this problem? The video attached isn’t showing how noisy it actually is. Please help x
 
Mine had a slight humming noise as well. Just got a couple small silicone spacers from a hardware store to put under it and its pretty quiet now.
 
Tonight I’ve set up my new skimmer. I got the bubble magus curve. All the reviews I’ve read have all said it’s pretty much silent! I can very much hear mine! Not the sound of water but the motor! A very loud humming noise! Anyone else have this problem? The video attached isn’t showing how noisy it actually is. Please help x
Hey did you ever fix the noise? I have the same vibration sound
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new