Bubble Magus curve 5

  • Thread starter Thread starter jataft83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jataft83

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2022
Messages
4
Reaction score
21
Location
West Virginia
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a bubble magus curve 5 elite and have been trying to break it in for about 10 days. The manufacturer says it needs a 9.5" to 11" water level. When I have it at 9.5" (which is the deepest my sump baffle will go I get instant high-pressure overflow. It has been overflowing for a week straight. After doing some digging and watching some videos I saw a lot of comments about the water level required being wrong and the skimmer prefers 7" to 8". I currently have it raised up to about 5" water level and it's skimming wet, but not overflowing. Has anyone else had similar problems?

306688941_497185635143953_2867736039900962069_n.jpg
 
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a bubble magus curve 5 elite and have been trying to break it in for about 10 days. The manufacturer says it needs a 9.5" to 11" water level. When I have it at 9.5" (which is the deepest my sump baffle will go I get instant high-pressure overflow. It has been overflowing for a week straight. After doing some digging and watching some videos I saw a lot of comments about the water level required being wrong and the skimmer prefers 7" to 8". I currently have it raised up to about 5" water level and it's skimming wet, but not overflowing. Has anyone else had similar problems?

306688941_497185635143953_2867736039900962069_n.jpg
The curves take a Long time to break in and rebreak in every time the body gets cleaned (so don't). My longest was over a week as well at minimum water height. Once they do, the level drops like a rock and will allow you tune it then.
 
Mine too took almost two weeks to break in, and when it did , they are correct the levels drops like crazy and then it is super easy to tune in. Great skimmer after break in. Kind of frustrating at first.
 
The curves take a Long time to break in and rebreak in every time the body gets cleaned (so don't). My longest was over a week as well at minimum water height. Once they do, the level drops like a rock and will allow you tune it then.
That is kinda what I was hoping to hear. I was basically looking for a sanity check. :)
 
Hello there and welcome to the channel. We have the same protein skimmer on our 50-gallon frag tank. Honesty, I do not like the skimmer, but does the job. We have a water level of about 9" and I think it was longer than a 10-day break in.
 
This is exactly why I hated this skimmer .
bought it for my 90 gal when the older external skimmer quit .
it’s next to impossible to get it running properly . And after it does start to run properly at a lower water level. It will require cleaning , which will start the break in all over again .
 
Thank you for sharing your experiences with the skimmer. Helps to not give up hope. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new