Bubble Magus Curve 7 skimmer acting weird

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've almost finished my cycling and I've been powering up the skimmer for it to break in.

However something pretty strange is happening (I have a Reefer 350 if that helps), first the skimmer was overflowing like crazy I figured it was normal but then I noticed that just moving it a few inches in its sump compartment would drastically change the water level in the skimmer like from crazy overflow to barely anything moving.

Good thing is that I've been able to dial it like I wanted but I'm curious as to why this is happening, any idea?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure. I have noticed some skimmers require pretty precise water levels to dial them in. Dialing in can be aggravating.

OP
OP
Krully

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late to the party but insightful haha! I did manage to fix it by elevating the skimmer a few inches!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Late to the party but insightful haha! I did manage to fix it by elevating the skimmer a few inches!
Great! Glad you got it worked out! Sorry the thread got missed until now. :)

OP
OP
Krully

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s okay I was kidding, it’s a big forum and I expect threads to get lost once in a while!

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that BM 7 and use to have it on a reefer 350. Keep the water level between 9 and 10 inches. If it overflows like crazy... Have it empty into a bucket and let it run its course. Will happen after epoxies, new materials... Doesn't last for long ( about an hour) and then goes away. Have top off water and check salinity if necessary. Wouldn't sweat it though. Great skimmer.

OP
OP
Krully

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that BM 7 and use to have it on a reefer 350. Keep the water level between 9 and 10 inches. If it overflows like crazy... Have it empty into a bucket and let it run its course. Will happen after epoxies, new materials... Doesn't last for long ( about an hour) and then goes away. Have top off water and check salinity if necessary. Wouldn't sweat it though. Great skimmer.

I will keep that in mind thank you very much!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back