bubble magus e5 HoB vs reef octopus classic 2000 HoB quieter ? quality?

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello,

I'm in between these two models cause I recently found a great deal on the octopus 2000 HoB !
Just concerned it might be oversized for my 90 gallon tank I'm setting up...

bubble magus e5 HoB
  • Capability : 300L-500L (80G-135G)
  • air intake : 450L/H
Octopus classic 2000-hoB
  • Manufacturer rates skimmer for tanks up to 200 gallons
  • BRS Recommends this skimmer for tanks up to 100 gallons
  • Max Air: 720L/H, 25.2SCFH
both have the same footprint.
some reefers use air intake to size their skimmers, in which case the octopus is a little over sized for a 90 gallon aquarium. 118 vs 190 gallon

in terms of quality of parts it looks about the same to me... any of you have experience with either brands or either of these skimmers specifically? which one is quieter?

the octopus would be a final sale item so i want to do my due diligence before buying.

OP
OP
GSnake

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Octopus is a really good brand, and there's nothing wrong with getting a slightly oversized skimmer. My $0.02.
ya i think so too, its a slightly slimmer profile too which is good to have. octo's footprint is a tad smaller actually

ill have to check for a drainage hole/tube in the octo, its not clear in the pics. might be a deal breaker for me

hopefully theres no missing or broken parts either when i check the box tomorrow,

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back