Bubble Magus QQ3 issues with breaking in period

  • Thread starter Thread starter las
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

las

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2010
Messages
561
Reaction score
236
Location
chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

i setup a BM QQ3 48 hours ago on my tank. Its been micro bubbles nonstop and all the corals are ticked off and closed up. Does anyone have any tips or info on how long it takes for this skimmer to break in? I appreciate any help!
 
1639585409406.png
 
Still the same situation. Nothing has changed at all since saturday afternoon which is when I put it on the tank.
 
Hey anything changed? have the same problem for 2 days now
 
Last edited:
I hate this skimmer- worst thing I have ever bought. Almost 30 years in the hobby. My CPR back pack from 15 years ago was better than this. And I hated that thing
 
Hi

i setup a BM QQ3 48 hours ago on my tank. Its been micro bubbles nonstop and all the corals are ticked off and closed up. Does anyone have any tips or info on how long it takes for this skimmer to break in? I appreciate any help!
I can't get mine to do anything, makes a noise and that's it
 
I have a new one, it's making a noise and doing nothing else, fed up with it now
 
Not sure if anyone is having problems with micro bubbles on this but fixed mine this afternoon. The black filter supplied is too small for the opening of the outlet. I found by cutting about a 1/2cm strip off the spare filter and placing it at the bottom next to the standard one, securing the base with an elastic band, has pretty much eradicated the micro bubbles.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new