Bubble Magus QQ3 Protein Skimmer- No Bubbles

BadObsession

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2024
Messages
70
Reaction score
59
Location
Philippines
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Recently bought one and it is not skimming/no bubbles.

Also, noob question- It says add water to the body- make it full. Do I need to add water in the collection cup inside the body? I tried with or without water, still no bubbles.

Many thanks!
IMG_3335.jpeg
 
Hello guys. Thanks!!! I figured it out. Many say it should bubbles and some were complaining about this model too. So I tried to find ways for it to create the bubbles.

What I did was remove the overflow hose, cover the on the silencer(upper left) with my finger for 5 seconds, then place back the hose. Started bubbling.

Now both are working fine.
IMG_0487.jpeg
 

Hello guys. Thanks!!! I figured it out. Many say it should bubbles and some were complaining about this model too. So I tried to find ways for it to create the bubbles.

What I did was remove the overflow hose, cover the on the silencer(upper left) with my finger for 5 seconds, then place back the hose. Started bubbling.

Now both are working fine.
IMG_0487.jpeg
How did you get your qq3 skimming ?
I’m ghaving issues with mine absolute nightmare !
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5139.jpeg
    IMG_5139.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_5140.jpeg
    IMG_5140.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 331
How did you get your qq3 skimming ?
I’m ghaving issues with mine absolute nightmare !
First remove the hose from where it is supposed to be attached. first pic.

Second, cover where the top of the tube til it starts skimming.

Put the tube back.

Let me know!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1534.jpeg
    IMG_1534.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_1535.jpeg
    IMG_1535.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 246
Unrelated Q, but I'm wondering if you can check if this skimmer would support 5/8" aquarium glass thickness? I'm seeing conflicting info where some says 1/2" only and others say 1"
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new