Bubble tip anemone placement

NexisG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I wanted to ask for some opinions on where you would place a bubble tip anemone in my tank. It’s a 40b and I already have a bunch of anemones in the tank. The new one I’m getting is the biggest, around 6-7in across. I circled the two spots I think are best in the picture. The one on the right has the most space and higher par (200ish) but is closer to my other corals. The one on the left is in the middle of my nem garden but has less space and lower par(110ish). Which would you do?
8C6DA6EE-69B3-4BA3-A0BD-E00977C56911.jpeg

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I wanted to ask for some opinions on where you would place a bubble tip anemone in my tank. It’s a 40b and I already have a bunch of anemones in the tank. The new one I’m getting is the biggest, around 6-7in across. I circled the two spots I think are best in the picture. The one on the right has the most space and higher par (200ish) but is closer to my other corals. The one on the left is in the middle of my nem garden but has less space and lower par(110ish). Which would you do?
8C6DA6EE-69B3-4BA3-A0BD-E00977C56911.jpeg
I like the higher spot but in my limited experience, mine have never stayed where I initially put them. However, they always do end up coming back to that spot eventually.

OP
OP
NexisG

NexisG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won't really matter. It will move until it finds a place it likes to park.
I’ve had good luck with all my nems so far staying in about the same are I put it so I want to try and place it in its permeant home from the start if possible. I know the risk of them moving but want to give it the best chance of not moving.

OP
OP
NexisG

NexisG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the higher spot but in my limited experience, mine have never stayed where I initially put them. However, they always do end up coming back to that spot eventually.
I also tend to lean toward the higher spot but do you think it will be able to reach my hammer on the right from that spot? It’s about 7in ish from that spot but also has that other rock separating them.

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also tend to lean toward the higher spot but do you think it will be able to reach my hammer on the right from that spot? It’s about 7in ish from that spot but also has that other rock separating them.
It could if it really wants to but I also have hammers and nems in the same tanks and they tend to leave each other alone after maybe touching once or twice. If the nem grows, which it will eventually, just be prepared to move the hammer.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back