Bubble Tip Anemone Short Tentacles.

T-MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I got a fairly small bubble tip a few weeks ago and the first few days it had tiny bubble tips but then they started to shrink. It eats if I feed it and then a few hours later it will deflate and poop. Is this a sign of a bacterial infection or should I just keep feeding it and see how it goes? It’s tentacles are so short it can barely hang on to the food now. I didn’t notice before so I just started feeding it every day, before I was doing every couple of days.

PH:8
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 20

61B4C832-9E6C-4FAE-B5B1-53D3CCAEEE52.jpeg 44A42559-D72E-4FBD-9044-A2B82B85026C.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were you feeding it? Shrinking and disappearing tentacles can be a sign that the anemone is starving. How strong of light do you have it in?

OP
OP
T

T-MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were you feeding it? Shrinking and disappearing tentacles can be a sign that the anemone is starving. How strong of light do you have it in?

Half a piece of Krill. When I got it it was just a little bigger than a quarter in diameter when inflated. I currently have around 75W LED on a 40g tank. I can go up to 120W. Yeah, that’s why I’m feeding it more rigorously now and turning up my light a few percent a day.

OP
OP
T

T-MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it’s been about a month now. I’ve been feeding it daily krill with Seachem KanaPlex and Seachem Focus mixed in for 2 weeks and it stopped it from deflating and inflating all the time and is looking better also now with some small bubble tips forming. I’m only feeding it twice a week now. Thank God!

67D5952E-CDBB-43E6-9645-DC970EB2CD3C.jpeg

calila

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it’s been about a month now. I’ve been feeding it daily krill with Seachem KanaPlex and Seachem Focus mixed in for 2 weeks and it stopped it from deflating and inflating all the time and is looking better also now with some small bubble tips forming. I’m only feeding it twice a week now. Thank God!

67D5952E-CDBB-43E6-9645-DC970EB2CD3C.jpeg

How's the anemone doing? I have a green tip with the same issue and I don't know what else to do. So I might try you did.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the anemone doing? I have a green tip with the same issue and I don't know what else to do. So I might try you did.
Your issue may be different. Probably best to start a new thread where you outline your particular problem and provide your tank parameters so we can assess your situation. In the OP's case, the tank may have been too new to initially house an anemone, and as the tank matured the anemone was able to settle in.

Define You're Fate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I got a fairly small bubble tip a few weeks ago and the first few days it had tiny bubble tips but then they started to shrink. It eats if I feed it and then a few hours later it will deflate and poop. Is this a sign of a bacterial infection or should I just keep feeding it and see how it goes? It’s tentacles are so short it can barely hang on to the food now. I didn’t notice before so I just started feeding it every day, before I was doing every couple of days.

PH:8
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 20

61B4C832-9E6C-4FAE-B5B1-53D3CCAEEE52.jpeg 44A42559-D72E-4FBD-9044-A2B82B85026C.jpeg

I read or watched some where some one say they will start pooping and letting the food drop off if they are not hungry. New tank feed twice a week and an established tank that's got lots of plankton and Zoo Plankton should be good but you can always supplement feed mice's shrimp or Anemone pellets.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back