Bubble Tip Anemone Show Off / Eye Candy Thread

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Where did you get that chicago? On the Lines of the gold anemone, if the other anemones in the background are just normal RBTAs then you can tell that the gold anemone isn't that saturated with color. But my opinion means nothing unless you choose to take it.
I've noticed anemone saturation changing drastically based on water parameters. My Rainbows were darker in coloration before. But now they seem to fluoresce more... I could see the coloration getting better (or worse) in time in my tank just like most corals. Anyway, not the answer I was hoping for (not a true CSB), but I still think it's one heck of a nice nem, and unique.

The Chicago I got locally from a guy who's been breeding them for awhile (Larry Smith, who I've seen sell on here some). Same with my Black Widow. The Chicago had very little color when I got it, but it's starting to really color up now. Has a ways to go. He said they go through a lot of color phases.

From what I've seen and learned, if it has purple tips, its just a rainbow. Still a nice nem tho, no doubt about that.
Thanks. If it's a rainbow, it's nothing like the others I've seen though. Cheers,
--Kyle

Corals.com

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
He said they go through a lot of color phases.
Many people, myself mostly included, say that that's what most modern lemon drops are: yellow phase csb under some kessils , because many times under other lights they morph back to the natural orangey red color

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

R0C95

View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah I mean those are super cool. But tastes differ I suppose. I like the rose color tips and green going into a purple mouth on the Rose's.

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Here's some pics of my nems: many Inferno RBTA, CC Candy Corn BTA, Chicago Sunburst BTA, also a green Ritteri

33333.jpg

DSC03344.JPG

I wish mine would stretch out under blue lights.. He closes up and goes to sleep.. He does love him some white light though.

20200408_P4081057.jpg

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
I wish mine would stretch out under blue lights.. He closes up and goes to sleep.. He does love him some white light though.

20200408_P4081057.jpg
I always had horrible luck w/ anemones until I got this set up. Red Sea reefer 250 and AI Hydra 26HD x2. These guys seem to love it. The Inferno has split like at least 8-12 times in the last 18mo.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Connor540

View Badges
Reaction score
I added this anemone about a month ago, hasn’t moved at all from where I placed it so very happy about that! I forgot to ask about the color morph when I bought it but guessing it’s a fairly standard rainbow. Has maintained decent bubbles since day 1.

C6D89713-0EE2-4493-9357-E189E8B408AB.jpeg

Filtered top-down ready for Instagram (and my avatar) ;Happy
82297CDB-743B-4AE3-AF81-B92D4F4507CD.jpeg

Hopefully my clowns will buddy up with it in time!

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
I added this anemone about a month ago, hasn’t moved at all from where I placed it so very happy about that! I forgot to ask about the color morph when I bought it but guessing it’s a fairly standard rainbow. Has maintained decent bubbles since day 1.

C6D89713-0EE2-4493-9357-E189E8B408AB.jpeg

Filtered top-down ready for Instagram (and my avatar) ;Happy
82297CDB-743B-4AE3-AF81-B92D4F4507CD.jpeg

Hopefully my clowns will buddy up with it in time!
Seems to be a decent rainbow morph to me, what kind of clowns do you have

Connor540

View Badges
Reaction score
Seems to be a decent rainbow morph to me, what kind of clowns do you have
A pair of fancy ocellaris. Here’s the best pic I have of them together. I’ve lost more clowns to jumping or bullying than I expected to but these guys seem to be doing good so far. First set I’ve bought as a “pair” so hoping for better results.

62922496-A0CE-4A81-ABA6-5280D6CCA82D.jpeg

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
A pair of fancy ocellaris. Here’s the best pic I have of them together. I’ve lost more clowns to jumping or bullying than I expected to but these guys seem to be doing good so far. First set I’ve bought as a “pair” so hoping for better results.
Those look like ORA Gladiators, am I right. Also, I wouldn't be too distraught if they don't host in the nem, because occys aren't natural hosts in bta

Top Shelf Aquatics

Where do you stand on water changes for your reef tank?

• Regular Water Changes

Votes: 68 67.3%
  • Occasional Water Changes

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • Very Seldom Water Changes

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Water Change ONLY when there is an issue

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • NO Water Changes Ever

Votes: 2 2.0%

Online statistics

Members online