Bubble Tip Anemone Show Off / Eye Candy Thread

Placerreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few Of My BTA

C03DE1C5-8B6A-4FAA-B10A-299445E8F2A0.jpeg 528DAB8E-CC7C-4B7A-9848-DF56481BD6C0.jpeg 25D5B479-BED1-41FF-89AF-6CCE25CBA68F.jpeg
Love the pic with the Maroon in the nem ready to defend!

Placerreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took this for another thread, figured it would go well here too.
About 20 BTAs, which have been growing and splitting, and taking over the tank.
Somewhere between 15 and 20 ocellaris clowns, and a few other fish.
Clowns get along well enough. Always bickering and chasing but no one gets seriously hurt.
Bought them all together when they were very small, from Sea&Reef through my LFS.

IMG_7154b.jpg
Very impressive! Love all the nems! It's very cool you have that many clowns in there, too. Obviously no Maroons, otherwise they wouldn't be co-existing as well. What lights are you using?

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very impressive! Love all the nems! It's very cool you have that many clowns in there, too. Obviously no Maroons, otherwise they wouldn't be co-existing as well. What lights are you using?

Thanks! It's basically a harem of clowns. They were all roughly the same age, purchased together, and added to the tank together. Except they aren't all from the same clutch and are of different color morphs. Took to the anemones very very quickly. No proof, but I think with all those clowns chasing each other around, it motivated them to start diving into the anemones for cover faster than might have happened with just a pair or a few. They all seem pretty happy now. Four of them have even paired up and laid eggs.

No, no maroon in there. I'm not crazy! ;)

They're under a hybrid fixture containing 3 G4 Radions and 4 T5 bulbs (blue+ and actinic). At first I would feed them to help them thrive and grow, but I haven't directly fed them anything at all in about 6 months now, and they're growing faster than ever. I'm at the point where I'm occasionally removing one when it starts to encroach on some coral.

Last edited:

Placerreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always had horrible luck w/ anemones until I got this set up. Red Sea reefer 250 and AI Hydra 26HD x2. These guys seem to love it. The Inferno has split like at least 8-12 times in the last 18mo.
dang, that's a lot of splits in 18 months! Nice. Are any of those Infernos available?

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang, that's a lot of splits in 18 months! Nice. Are any of those Infernos available?
I'd be willing to do local pick up if you're anywhere near the central PA area. I currently have 7 in my main nem tank and a couple other in another tank. There's a chance I may be moving to Hawaii later this year and if so I'll probably have to get rid of all my nems and coral :(:eek:

Placerreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be willing to do local pick up if you're anywhere near the central PA area. I currently have 7 in my main nem tank and a couple other in another tank. There's a chance I may be moving to Hawaii later this year and if so I'll probably have to get rid of all my nems and coral :(:eek:
Darn I'm in Northern California.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back