Bubble tip anemone suicided

Tati

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saaaaad :(

My bubble tip anemone that was introduced to th tank few days back ‘suicided’ in a wave maker...
Saw that when came home from work.

Any tips on preventing it or it’s just a ‘luck’ thing wether they wonder/swim in there or not...

P.S. my filefish got stuck and died the same way (different wave-maker tho)

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear it.
I put a foam cover on my MP40 that's near two BTAs in one tank.
Mesh covers and alternating flow on two Gyres in another tank with dozens of nems.
Also some consideration of where things might possibly wander too.
And then watching closely in case they try to surprise me.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If not covered, it can happen....... if they get settled into one spot for 6 solid months...... they can still wander if something irritates them, so as long as you have uncovered powerheads, you are providing the noose to the suicidal anemone......

Jon Fishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look close enough, at this particular time my Anemone decided to sit on a running powerhead...... fortunately protected by some pantyhose........ It sat up there for a week. I would run my finger under it every day or so to make sure it didn’t manage to get stuck to a part somewhere without me knowing

B07EE10A-171F-4EE9-ADE7-5A3BC16DFF13.jpeg

evolve29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look close enough, at this particular time my Anemone decided to sit on a running powerhead...... fortunately protected by some pantyhose........ It sat up there for a week. I would run my finger under it every day or so to make sure it didn’t manage to get stuck to a part somewhere without me knowing

Mine did something similar.
I never had any luck with them with them moving around all over the tank and then eventually sticking themselves in a rock with no light or doing what you said.
I have 2 LT anemones going on 2 years and no issues. I will never get BTAs again.

OP
OP
Tati

Tati

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oh, so u pretty much slip a stocking on entire powerhead and keep changing it when gets dirty.
How voter do u have to switch them?
I like the general idea coz there’s no way someone can get sucked in, be it a fish or a anemone.
Not sure how soon I’ll get another one coz feel really bad for now..

She got kinda settled down, but reached the other side of the tank and all the way to the top while I was at work. Didn’t expect that to happen at all :(

Jon Fishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually pull them off every week and replace, with a little brushing to knock off big stiff while they are on in between to get bigger stuff off.

Switching to new powerheads now though, and got some 3D printed covers for them from a member here

OP
OP
Tati

Tati

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually pull them off every week and replace, with a little brushing to knock off big stiff while they are on in between to get bigger stuff off.

Switching to new powerheads now though, and got some 3D printed covers for them from a member here

I was thinking of doing something with assistance of 3D pen hehe.
3D printer was not in mind.. but will sirely work better and look neater! Nice!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back