Bubble Tip Anemone tips and tricks

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me if this is a BTA. I was told it was and when I first got it, it looked like a regular BTA. But now it’s huge and really doesn’t look like a BTA. am I doing something wrong? I’ve had it for a bout 4 months.

the second pic is when I first got it. Also will these kill torches and hammers??
Maybe a lemon drop I’m not too sure
+1 on the lemon drop, but I’m not expert. @Eagle_Steve?

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I started with one small guy about six months ago. I have 15-20 now, scattered throughout the tank. They weren't bubbling for a while and about a week ago they all started bubbling again. They've always bubbled up at night, but during the day they would really elongate. I changed nothing, but they're fun to look at either way.

One has settled directly on top of some zoas and I cannot get him to move. I attack him with a turkey baster about 5x a day but he just sucks it in then comes back out a half hour later. Zero way for me to get to him, it's on the backside of a huge rock. Oh well.

crazyreefergirl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RBTA is easy to keep IMO. This one is about 5 years old. The oldest I have is about 18 years old. Got a couple good morph by keeping different nems together. Picture is a little blurry but you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_0667.JPG
    IMG_0667.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 102

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me if this is a BTA. I was told it was and when I first got it, it looked like a regular BTA. But now it’s huge and really doesn’t look like a BTA. am I doing something wrong? I’ve had it for a bout 4 months.

the second pic is when I first got it. Also will these kill torches and hammers??
Awesome looking nem!! That is a Chicago Sunburst Anemone. My favorite I currently have 5 of them. they will change colors depending on the tank and lighting, maturity. Lemmon drop anemones are just a Chicago sunburst in yellow phase

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have my one nem and it turned me into an addict. I guess that can be one thing to try to prepare for.
RBTA is easy to keep IMO. This one is about 5 years old. The oldest I have is about 18 years old. Got a couple good morph by keeping different nems together. Picture is a little blurry but you get the idea.
I love your nems. Gorgeous! Mine is a bit of a fruit loop... I still love him though.
My best picture to date that shows true color.
bta-night.jpg

crazyreefergirl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my one nem and it turned me into an addict. I guess that can be one thing to try to prepare for.

I love your nems. Gorgeous! Mine is a bit of a fruit loop... I still love him though.
My best picture to date that shows true color.
bta-night.jpg
That's a nice RBTA. How did you get it to color up like that?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a nice RBTA. How did you get it to color up like that?
I have/had bad lights orbit marine ic led x 2 , new lights now k7 v3. Bta was sitting under 100 par. Never left his rock. Roamed around in a circle here and there. But that was the extent of the journey.
We'll see if anything changes. Growth on all corals was very bad, except on hammers and blastos. So... I wonder how much it will change. I'll need to bust my par meter out later.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put mine at the highest point since they seem to want light. They haven't moved and are growing TOO rapidly and splitting as well. I feed twice a week. I started with one in March. I now have 4 hosting 6 Ocellaris Clowns
What do you feed please, I have one coming next week, I have seachem pystoplankto and reef roids, thank you

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add an anemone , still looking for the perfect match lol .
wish me luck .

beaker5377

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine chose the absolute highest rock in the tank to get the most light and hasn't moved since day 1. It's probably quadrupled in size since we got it about 6 months ago and I do feed it mysis when the fish eat.

anemone.jpg

saltybeach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BTA started thriving when it was discovered by a tomato clown to host. They are now the best of friends. What also has helped is morning sunlight, gentle constant flow and call me crazy… but the BTA also perked up when it got some leftover reef roids the other day!
574ADA17-AA0B-467F-A846-958F5B13B31D.jpeg

TJReefers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What par would you suggest for these? I've seen 220-350 written online, but that seems high to me. I'm converting my quarantine tank. It has a basic Orbit Marine because I never needed anything special. Would this suffice?

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What par would you suggest for these? I've seen 220-350 written online, but that seems high to me. I'm converting my quarantine tank. It has a basic Orbit Marine because I never needed anything special. Would this suffice?
It’s weird. I had 200-300 par on top of my tank and still my anemone is reaching for light sometimes. The anemone had no zooxanthellae when I first got it. So it took a while before it gained its green color was faster when I raised the par to 300-400.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine sit just below a Kessel 360 at 95% intensity.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back