Bubble Tip Anemone

Isemerino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this Anemone look good? It has always been pretty sad and small looking but last night it disappeared (closed up tight) and today it is so big (compared to how it normally looks). I just fed it a tiny piece of shrimp. The only difference is that I did do a water change Sunday and moved my powerhead. My water is a bit cloudy.
20210622_081010.jpg

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was strongly reactive to feeding (grabbed the food) that’s a good sign.

Welcome to the **** show that is anemones!

I have 3, a mother and 2 daughters. One daughter lives next to the mother and they have been ***** for a week or two; Deflating randomly. Their crabs left them (but have now returned and they’re ok). These 2 don’t like food. They never eat. They are bubbly and big 99% of the time but just don't take food. Maybe they don’t like seafood, I dunno. When I first got the mother she ate my tang, maybe she’s still full (that was years ago).

The second daughter moved literally to the other end of the tank and lived on the wall by the overflow. I recently moved her to her own tank and she now lives near the surface and eats like crazy.

I am convinced that the mother and daughter are ticked that their daughter/sister moved overland to another tank. Time heals all wounds fortunately.

These are odd creatures we don’t fully understand. If it’s cycling through shriveled up/puffed up and not reactive to touch or food, there’s a bigger issue but if every once in a while it looks funky, no worries.

OP
OP
Isemerino

Isemerino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this Anemone look good? It has always been pretty sad and small looking but last night it disappeared (closed up tight) and today it is so big (compared to how it normally looks). I just fed it a tiny piece of shrimp. The only difference is that I did do a water change Sunday and moved my powerhead. My water is a bit cloudy.
20210622_081010.jpg
One more change I just realized, water temp is 74F

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back