bubble tip anenome

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ever since i was given this rbta it just has slowly looked worse and worse and it’s starting to split now but can someone tell me what this white stuff is coming out its mouth?
i just had my water tested yesterday with hanna testers
alk: 11
nitrate 100+
phosphate: 0.163
calcium:500
salinity:1.027
magnesium1410

over feeding is probably my culprit to why my nitrate and phosphates are so high so i’ve stopped feeding my corals and fish so much and i just did a small water change yesterday while i cleaned a section of my substrate. i also ordered this red sea nitrate + phosphate buffer so hopefully that straightens things out.

IMG_1739.jpeg IMG_1738.jpeg IMG_1737.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you ordered nopox? Why not do a water change for the nitrates? Nopox won't do much for phosphate. GFO is better for that.

Anyways, what size tank is it? What is the lighting like? What is the flow like?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you ordered nopox? Why not do a water change for the nitrates? Nopox won't do much for phosphate. GFO is better for that.

Anyways, what size tank is it? What is the lighting like? What is the flow like?
To add to this, how old is the tank? Personally I havent tested in months and am sure my nitrate is over 100. However, my nems are thriving. Maturity matters.

That said, if the tank is newer, I would get them down to the 20 range.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
mesenterial filaments, likely. aka its insides. it either pooped, got hurt, or likely a triggered response to something done to the water chemistry. any other changes to your tank prior to adding the ‘nem? the ‘nem could also not be acclimated to your tank parameters and is struggling to adjust.

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tanks around 3 months old and from what i’ve heard is totally different things, your tank needs to be at least 6 months then i hear they rely on good water parameters. Funny thing is i was given this bubble tip and a bunch of corals because my brother in laws got velvet and didn’t have time to treat it so now im stuck with all them.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
my tanks around 3 months old and from what i’ve heard is totally different things, your tank needs to be at least 6 months then i hear they rely on good water parameters. Funny thing is i was given this bubble tip and a bunch of corals because my brother in laws got velvet and didn’t have time to treat it so now im stuck with all them.
oh, yes… anemone’s tend to thrive in an established tank. aka mature reef with expansive biodiversity. honestly, it could still bounce back so long as your water parameters/chemistry is stable. do not feed it or move it. last resort (or first, depending who you ask), is to dose cipro although you’ll need a separate tank for that, i believe

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh, yes… anemone’s tend to thrive in an established tank. aka mature reef with expansive biodiversity. honestly, it could still bounce back so long as your water parameters/chemistry is stable. do not feed it or move it. last resort (or first, depending who you ask), is to dose cipro although you’ll need a separate tank for that, i believe
Cipro is only useful when infection is present. Usually this happens prior to shipping and the nems come infected. It will not help in this situation.

That said a 3 month of tank is probably not going to be an acceptable environment.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You didn't take the corals from a tank with velvet and put them in your tank with fish right?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back