Bubble tip care

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oter292
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Oter292

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2025
Messages
31
Reaction score
8
Location
Tucson
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this bubble tip for a while and it’s struggling a bit. It moved itself next to the wave maker so I thought that was the problem. Nitrates about 4 and Phosphates range to about .14. When the light ramp down- it turns inside out as appearance. It eats mysis but it’s not thriving. Lights run about 75 blue 45 violet and 10 white. Thanks for any feedback

IMG_2618.jpeg IMG_2613.jpeg IMG_2614.jpeg
 
How long has the tank been established? I’ve found they like a slightly dirtier tank around 10 no3. Does it fully expand during the day? I’ve also found they like more of a whiter spectrum. You have blues very heavy compared to whites. I have blues at 100% and white at 85% during the peak hours
 
How long has the tank been established? I’ve found they like a slightly dirtier tank around 10 no3. Does it fully expand during the day? I’ve also found they like more of a whiter spectrum. You have blues very heavy compared to whites. I have blues at 100% and white at 85% during the peak hours
I only have 12% whites and mine are fine. They don’t like new tanks, that’s for sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new