Bubble tip feeding

Sunshine3387

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Messages
29
Reaction score
43
Location
Farmington, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rose bubble tip that was bleaching because of lighting issues. It's started to bubble tip again but feeding I'm finding an issue with when it's like that. I had no problem feeding it when the tentacles were long and wavy. Could it finally getting some bubbling mean it's not hungry? It won't hold the food when it's like this, just falls out. My clowns haven't figured out feeding it so I try to keep them away at feeding time or they yank it out of the tentacles on me. I've tried krill, mysis and actual frozen shrimp and the frozen shrimp it takes more often. I can't find silversides anywhere locally right now.
 
If the nems doesn’t want to eat don’t feed it...also silversides aren’t good for nems.
No one knows why they bubble up
 
If the nems doesn’t want to eat don’t feed it...also silversides aren’t good for nems.
No one knows why they bubble up
Ok, thank you. At least I didn't buy them yet then. I'll stick with the shrimp since it seems to like them.
 
This is what it looks like with the blue and with just the flash. This is also the first day in about a week that it hasn't had short bubble tips.

20200827_194748.jpg 20200827_194740.jpg
 
Keep at it. It should take the food whether bubbled or not, so I agree that if it's not taking it, wait a bit and try again later. It won't likely eat more than a couple of times a week IME, but you could try more often to see. Also agreed on feeding something other than silversides.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new