Bubble tip move movement

Mattc904

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2019
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand anemones can and will move to where they are happy. My question is, if mine is constantly moving does it mean I’m doing something wrong? I believe my parameters are fine(pH salinity temp mg ca alk and no3.. don’t know po4 but have no reason to believe it’s far off) I’ve had it for somewhere around two months, it found a spot then moved the next day, settled for about a week then moved again. It’s been settled in a spot for a couple weeks but today I’ve watched it not stop moving since I got home from work. I’m waiting to add more coral until the BTA finds a spot to stay so I don’t have to move any corals out of its range but it won’t stop moving. Any tips to get it to settle in one spot?
 
They sure can be picky. Try giving it a good feeding when it seems to settle somewhere for several hours. If it knows it may get food in that spot, it may stop wandering.

It is likely you are doing nothing wrong. I've had some that stay put for months then start wandering. Others set themselves deep in rock and are impossible to move. Welcome to the world of anemones!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new