Bubble tip move movement

Mattc904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand anemones can and will move to where they are happy. My question is, if mine is constantly moving does it mean I’m doing something wrong? I believe my parameters are fine(pH salinity temp mg ca alk and no3.. don’t know po4 but have no reason to believe it’s far off) I’ve had it for somewhere around two months, it found a spot then moved the next day, settled for about a week then moved again. It’s been settled in a spot for a couple weeks but today I’ve watched it not stop moving since I got home from work. I’m waiting to add more coral until the BTA finds a spot to stay so I don’t have to move any corals out of its range but it won’t stop moving. Any tips to get it to settle in one spot?

James77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sure can be picky. Try giving it a good feeding when it seems to settle somewhere for several hours. If it knows it may get food in that spot, it may stop wandering.

It is likely you are doing nothing wrong. I've had some that stay put for months then start wandering. Others set themselves deep in rock and are impossible to move. Welcome to the world of anemones!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back