Bubbles on my lobophyllia

  • Thread starter Thread starter dontpbg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dontpbg

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
34
Reaction score
17
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lobophyllia Bubble-8087.jpeg
These have shown up on my lobophyllia. I have had this piece for over ten years.
Lobophyllia Bubble-8084.jpeg
 
Interesting growth.
Bumping for ideas.
I will throw out that I have heard through urban sw myths that's it's a response to lighting.
 
Looks like it’s “bouncing” which supposedly is caused by lighting or so it’s believed.
 
yeah like what's already been stated it definetly seems to be "bouncing" and not anything malevolent, very cool!
 
Thanks. That is what it looked like to me. I wonder why it happened now and is only on the one head.
 
Bounce lobo, sell it for $1000 per head
In all seriousness though I wouldn't worry about it

PS I believe your coral is a pachysepta not a lobo
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new