Bubbletip anemone ID

Alexmcm81

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me identify this bubble tip. Purchased from lfs last week and it’s just started hosting my male clownfish today. It’s a light shade of green with pink tips

6CE0C621-7637-409C-81F6-C3FB262DD470.png

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green BTA is the standard name given for a green one.

If it has pink tips its probably a Rainbow BTA or a Red BTA.

In any of these cases, this anemone is not very healthy at this point, it is significantly bleached. I wouldnt mess with it as its going to need good water quality to recover. My other point is, your rock and sand is spotless. This leads me to believe your tank is not very old at all. It becomes increasingly difficult to keep an anemone in a tank that has not matured yet.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to identify with blue light and just one pic. Agree with above that getting back to healthy will be an up hill battle.

OP
OP
Alexmcm81

Alexmcm81

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green BTA is the standard name given for a green one.

If it has pink tips its probably a Rainbow BTA or a Red BTA.

In any of these cases, this anemone is not very healthy at this point, it is significantly bleached. I wouldnt mess with it as its going to need good water quality to recover. My other point is, your rock and sand is spotless. This leads me to believe your tank is not very old at all. It becomes increasingly difficult to keep an anemone in a tank that has not matured yet.
I have a mixture of live rock and new rock. Live rock came from my other tank. Also have gsp, small zoa colony and candy cane coral, all growing rapidly. Have a tricolour bubble in my other tank doing great. Just had never saw a bubble tip like this before, even via google search so was curious if anyone had seen one like it

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mixture of live rock and new rock. Live rock came from my other tank. Also have gsp, small zoa colony and candy cane coral, all growing rapidly. Have a tricolour bubble in my other tank doing great. Just had never saw a bubble tip like this before, even via google search so was curious if anyone had seen one like it
Its because its bleached, Color will return once its healthy. Good luck and we expect pictures when it recovers!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back