OP
OP
buck27

buck27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so the tank was coming by way of Holland trucking who has had my tank since the 21st and is just now on a truck for delivery today! and we are in tornado warnings, watches, and severe thunderstorms all day! oh well, reefing must go on!

OP
OP
buck27

buck27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys! I received my tank today!!!! FINALLY!!! To be honest the tank builder Acrylic Creations came real close to their quoted deadline, the shipping company held it up for 4 days just 45 minutes from house in an unloaded trailer because of Covid they had folks calling off of work.

Tank is 96*24*24 don't mind the dustiness in the pics. I plan to get it on the stand tomorrow for fitment and clean-up
Tank Arrival 1.jpg

Here is a shot of the Coast to Coast. 1.5" drains and two 3/4" returns. Not sure how this going to work out. I think I asked for 1" returns but for some reason they are 3/4". I think I can use a bushing at the bulk heads to increase flow hopefully. The returns come through the bottom of the coast to coast and then through the tank just below the teeth.
Tank Arrival 2 Coast to Coast.jpg

Overall, I am really happy with the craftsmanship of the tank, just gotta figure out these returns. I definitely do not want to try sending this back to them.

OP
OP
buck27

buck27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay in updates guys!

I got the tank out of the crate and up on the stand and noticed a few blemishes and light scratches here and there so I ordered a Novus 1,2,3 kit and started buffing what I could given the fact that we are moving and close on our new house the end of May there really is no sense in setting this monster up just yet.

I do have my 40 breeder running along just fine and has just passed the 1 year mark and looks great. I am scared when I break it down and move it I will probably loose my SPS as a minimum but we shall see. I will try and make a few more posts and updates when I can.

OP
OP
buck27

buck27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many drains are there?
2 - 3/4” returns are pretty small for that size tank.
I have a Bean Animal System in place that consists of three 1.5" drains.

The 3/4" drains are a real drag as far as getting the tank and finding that out goes. I have enough space on the ends of the tank to install two 1" returns to go along with the 3/4" returns so I should be good.

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Bean Animal System in place that consists of three 1.5" drains.

The 3/4" drains are a real drag as far as getting the tank and finding that out goes. I have enough space on the ends of the tank to install two 1" returns to go along with the 3/4" returns so I should be good.
Ah, I see. And it’s acrylic, so it should be pretty easy to modify or add more return holes.
That’s also a pretty cool looking sump. That skimmer is also a monster! Haha

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where in Huntsville are you? I live just up in Harvest but work on the east side of Huntsville. I can't believe this is the first I have seen your build. I have a little build project going myself right now. Looking good can't wait to see you get it filled and going.

OP
OP
buck27

buck27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where in Huntsville are you? I live just up in Harvest but work on the east side of Huntsville. I can't believe this is the first I have seen your build. I have a little build project going myself right now. Looking good can't wait to see you get it filled and going.
Lol small world, I live in Meridianville

OP
OP
buck27

buck27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys, its been quite some time since I have posted to the thread and I apologize for that. However, I have some great news! We closed yesterday on our new farm house and will be moving over the weekend!!!

Once we get moved I am going to set my 40 gallon back up in the basement while I finish the stand and skin for the stand. I also have a honey do list that needs done in the house before I place the new tank such as sanding and re-staining the hardwood floors, painting and all that jazz along with reinforcing the floor joists on the wall I have picked out for the tank.

So, all that being said I think it will be another month or so before we see water in the new tank. Sorry for the delay but you all know as well as I do that once a large tank is set there is no real going back unless you want to drain the entire thing and basically start over and I def. do not want to do that hahahaha. please bear with me and happy reefing out there!

OP
OP
buck27

buck27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Move to the new farm is almost complete!!! Should have all our stuff moved today and then Incan start the tear down and move of my 40 gallon. Once all that is done I will start the process of getting the 240 gallon ready!!! And of course pictures!!!

crabbydan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how thick is the acrylic tank? If 1 inch thick or more what power heads are you using for flow and how is the magnet strength?

Back