Budget 29g Build - Starting off a New Reefer

Drew1600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all :)

I wanted to start a thread for my good friend who'm I am gifting a 29 gallon set up too. Long story short, the man really deserves a tank. I wanted to start this thread for him to be able to track his progress over time, and I will get him set up on the forum soon.

I started with a standard Aqueon 29 gallon, which I picked up at Petco during their "dollar per gallon" sale, definitely the way to go.

Next for hardware. An unused AquaClear 70 I had from a prior build will provide the main filtration. I am starting him with off with Carbon, Zeolite, Chemi-Pure Elite, and Filter Fiber. A Fluval CP2 will provide the extra flow needed on the other half of the tank. The tank will be heated by a 100W Fluval M. Lighting will be a Fluval Aquasky with two Aqueon Max Blue LEDs to supplement. We will also wrap the inside top lip with a waterproof RGB LED strip.

Planning to build and stain a stand out of 2x4x8's. A mesh lid will also be built, which the two LED's will then be mounted from.

20lbs of CaribSea Base Rock & Live Sand to finish it off.

Stability and Biospira will be used for cycling, as I have always had amazing results with these products.

More to come in the next few weeks, surprising him tonight. Until then, happy reefing & God bless.

-Kansas, USA

OP
OP
Drew1600

Drew1600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics coming tonight - going to clean up the tank and throw in the last couple parts. :)

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 59 45.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 44 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back