Budget build redsea 750XXXL

Soloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok was not sure if i wanted to creat a build forum for this but what the heck. So here is what i got so far.
Redsea 750XXXL tank, stand and sump with ato.
Paid $1500
2 radion xr30 pro gen 4with diffusers.$900 local facebook group. (working on getting 1 maybe 2 more).
Return pump jaebo DCP 15000. $141 amazon
2 Jaebo sow 20 $88 each $176 total.
Reef octo 202s $150 brand new on mercari. Had to buy venturi for it. I think was $8. Was going to use for a differnet build that got scrapped.
Went with 200lbs of natures choice base rook $250 amazon.
Carribsea special grade sand 160 lbs. $154 from live aquaria.
2 Marine pure blocks $50 each amazon
Flipper max $77 amazon
2 aqueon 300 watt pro heaters $65 for both brand new.
12 pack 200 micron socks for sump $40 amazon

First month of having it i spent every weekend and night cleaning out the overflow and sump. Tons of detritus and vermented snails cacked on it and in the sump.
Was working on filling it up last week but my rodi unit started letting tds thru so i decided to hold off on filling it until new filters come in.
Waiting for sand to arrive and rest if rock. Will have update soon.

20200606_122212.jpg 20200523_174432.jpg 20200728_231026.jpg

OP
OP
S

Soloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home today and my sand was outside my door. One more step closer.

15960662958728082562602725192440.jpg

OP
OP
S

Soloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh one step forward 5 steps back. Why cant BRS ship anything correctly? Everytime i try to orderr from them it always becomes a headach. I tell them if they ship thru usps they need to ship to my po box and give them the address. I tell them if they use ups or fedex ship to house address and supply them with address. You cant ship thru ups and deliver at a po box. I swear i am done trying to order stuff from those guys.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice!
does it have the center brace?if not I would get one. you can reach out to red sea.

the 750 are beautiful tanks I had one but never got it going and we bought a house a month after geting in on our rental. but the new place has a perfect place for a peninsula so long story short I traded it out for the 650P

OP
OP
S

Soloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice!
does it have the center brace?if not I would get one. you can reach out to red sea.

the 750 are beautiful tanks I had one but never got it going and we bought a house a month after geting in on our rental. but the new place has a perfect place for a peninsula so long story short I traded it out for the 650P
Doesnt that defeat the purpose of rimless and braceless?
Why would you recommend a center brace? Donyou think the tank will fail without one?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh one step forward 5 steps back. Why cant BRS ship anything correctly? Everytime i try to orderr from them it always becomes a headach. I tell them if they ship thru usps they need to ship to my po box and give them the address. I tell them if they use ups or fedex ship to house address and supply them with address. You cant ship thru ups and deliver at a po box. I swear i am done trying to order stuff from those guys.

Ok here the deal with that...
I also live in a area where shipping is a real PITA
this is how you do it:

john doe ( box number here)
123 street anytown
state zip
phone #

most companies use a softwhere that edit address but if you do as above they cant take out the PO box as its part of your name .

no matter if they ship ups or usps if will get you you.

Poochaku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you recommend a center brace? Donyou think the tank will fail without one?
I think he is referring to the red sea retrofit kit which is a center brace for the middle of the STAND. Recommended installation as tanks have been known to fail without the augmentation to the stand

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

sorry let me be more clear. center brace for the stand. yeah it sucks but some 750s where having issues so RS made the in stand center brace for them. with the weigh over the space of no front support was causing leaks is some tanks.
its a quick mod to the stand and the brace in only 1-2" wide.

OP
OP
S

Soloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here the deal with that...
I also live in a area where shipping is a real PITA
this is how you do it:

john doe ( box number here)
123 street anytown
state zip
phone #

most companies use a softwhere that edit address but if you do as above they cant take out the PO box as its part of your name .

no matter if they ship ups or usps if will get you you.

Ok why is it they used ups and the shipping address for the order was my actual house address and they tried delivering to my po box? I only put in the notes that if they used usps to ship to my po box.

OP
OP
S

Soloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry let me be more clear. center brace for the stand. yeah it sucks but some 750s where having issues so RS made the in stand center brace for them. with the weigh over the space of no front support was causing leaks is some tanks.
its a quick mod to the stand and the brace in only 1-2" wide.

Well thanks for the heads up. Guess just add that to the list of stuff i need to order.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok why is it they used ups and the shipping address for the order was my actual house address and they tried delivering to my po box? I only put in the notes that if they used usps to ship to my po box.

looks like someone got confused :/
sorry you are having issues i would call them and sort out your address issue once its in you online wallet you "should" not have issues.
good luck man

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thanks for the heads up. Guess just add that to the list of stuff i need to order.

I would highly recommend it. lot of 750 swith out issues, lots with issues so better be proactive eh?
hopefully RS has them in stock I know they are getting hit hard with the hole covid as there shipments are made in China and lots of RS stuff is out of stock.

OP
OP
S

Soloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like someone got confused :/
sorry you are having issues i would call them and sort out your address issue once its in you online wallet you "should" not have issues.
good luck man
Guess add them to the list of people i need to call tomorrow.

OP
OP
S

Soloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would highly recommend it. lot of 750 swith out issues, lots with issues so better be proactive eh?
hopefully RS has them in stock I know they are getting hit hard with the hole covid as there shipments are made in China and lots of RS stuff is out of stock.
Sent them a email few seconds ago hopefully hear back from them. Probably going to be some issue since i bought the tank used.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back