Bobby's 150 Planet reef build.

Bobbys_Reef_Shack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my journey back into the reef tank world. Many years ago I had a very established 180G tank which unfortunately had to go when we moved.

Fast forward to 1.5 years ago, I convinced the wife to let me get something new. For the past year or so, this tank has been FOWLR. In the past few months, I have just started to venture back into corals.

Tank is a 150G planet aquarium (60"x24x25) with a 40G sump. Tank has a single middle overflow with 2 return outlets. I currently have 2 Jaebo power heads but I have 2 MP40QD's on the way. I am running a reef octopus skimmer in the sump along with a carbon reactor. Lights are 2 modified Viparspectra's from Amazon. I am in the process of upgrading the lights to 3 higher end units to reduce shaded areas but am still deciding on what to buy.

I also have some Marco rocks shelf rock waiting to be put in once I have time, this is why there are a few corals set in the sand for now.

So far its been successful and I plan to update here with new additions and coral growth over the months.

IMG_0742.jpg IMG_0743.jpg IMG_0744.jpg IMG_0745.jpg IMG_0746.jpg IMG_0747.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back