Budget friendly hacks for reef keeping!

Biggest money saver - need more nutrients? Just dose skimmer collection cup back into tank or remove collection cup. I also frequently trade/buy from local reefers helps to save a lot of cash
Trading and free to a good home worked very well for me when I started. I also bought my first tank off a guy who was getting out of the hobby. Fish and tank setup.
 
Affirm and PayPal pay in 4. Makes everything way cheaper :)
 
Agree with all that said because it cost more not always better. I use Jaebo wave makers and doser. The doser is easy no Wi-Fi but set and forget.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new