Budget RedSea Soft Coral Build

plind851

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
14
Location
Kearny, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did years of research when it came to saltwater tanks but always held off on diving into it due to how expensive new setups & equipment could be. Thankfully enough I found this gem on marketplace a couple months back and scooped it up so I can begin a budget build project. Its RedSea 30D AIO system which came with stand, external lights, skimmer, wavemakers, etc etc.. Long story short, I ended up paying $300 for everything, three months have passed since setup and the tank is currently stocked with the following:

Fish/Inverts Corals:
*Pearly Jawfish Green Star Polyp
*Pair of Clowns Silver Xenia
*Firefish Cabbage Leather
*Emerald Crab Toadstool Leather
*Blood Cleaner Shrimp Discoma Mushroom
*2x fighting Conchs "Green Grenade" Paly
*3x Trochus snails Kenya Tree
*3x Asteria Snails Blue/Green Duncan
*Sand Sifting Star IMG_0974.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0976.MOV
    19.3 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new