Buffing Alk

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bucrob
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bucrob

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2025
Messages
270
Reaction score
166
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Water box 130.4 so it's about 126g, alkalinity is 7.6, want it around 8.5. I'm using Red Sea Reef Foundation B Liquid. Mag is 1450 range and calcium is 450 range so no need for A4R. How much of it should I dose? I've dosed around 20mL's over the past 2 weeks and it's gone down by .1 from 7.7. It's probably being consumed by the cycle (tank's fairly new but I have a similar size tank around 90g that also has minimal coral, was FOWLR originally, and also has issues with alk) because I only have a single hammer in there and a blasto, both small frags along with a zoa frag and green hairy mushroom. My LFS salt naturally mixes low on alk around 7.0 to give better trace elements but I eventually plan on making my own salt.
 
"Liquid supplement: 1ml will raise the Alk level of 100 liters (25 gal) by 0.036 meq/l (0.1dKH)"

so 45.36 ml will raise 126 gal by 0.9 dKH
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new