OP
OP
WisconsinReefing

WisconsinReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday was STRESSFUL. I moved my purple tang (Cleo) from my 50 G reef into my new tank. I was actually worried she’d go after the little bristle tooth in there. But it was the opposite that tiny little tang was non stop going after Cleo. I didn’t sleep last night. Then today they are doing laps together and seem totally fine.

Strange creatures these fish.

E0417944-496B-4D6A-9130-02F055AFA81C.jpeg

OP
OP
WisconsinReefing

WisconsinReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleo (purple tang) has been like rubbing her side on the ground in like a swooping motion. So working with my LFS adding copper and doing daily water changes for 4 days etc. stressful.

OP
OP
WisconsinReefing

WisconsinReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m marking the build as complete. Had some struggles with keeping nitrates down as I introduced fish. But once it starts sliced I added the final fish, the gem tang. And for now it’s done. Apex system is up and running and fish are all getting along (Knock on wood) and eating.
Final stock list (FOWLR Tank)

Stars and Stripes puffer
Sargassum Trigger
Magnificent Foxface
Emperor Angel
Gem tang
White tail bristletooth tang
Purple tang
Yellow tang
6 Bartletts anthias

thanks to those who have followed along!

72E048B5-2EDE-4ABF-A646-1282F5E4FFC6.jpeg 4C908844-C66E-4EB9-9327-00690BD1343A.jpeg

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Followed along. I also have a an acrylic build (on hold for a bit)..Curious on the state of the Copperband..its one of my favorite fish but always been reluctant to attempt keeping one as I know they can be difficult. How is yours doing?

OP
OP
WisconsinReefing

WisconsinReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Followed along. I also have a an acrylic build (on hold for a bit)..Curious on the state of the Copperband..its one of my favorite fish but always been reluctant to attempt keeping one as I know they can be difficult. How is yours doing?
Sadly you’ll notice that the copperband is not in my final stock let’s. He went from very active, bright amazing coloring, eating fine, to dead in like an hour. Very sad. Amazing fish but I learned my lesson

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, so sorry to hear that. I know how happy you sounded talking about the stockist. I did notice but thought maybe accidentally left it out. I've been there also with a Longnose Butterfly. I think they're tough to keep. Hit or miss really. Good luck with tank and restof the crew. Nice job.

OP
OP
WisconsinReefing

WisconsinReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, so sorry to hear that. I know how happy you sounded talking about the stockist. I did notice but thought maybe accidentally left it out. I've been there also with a Longnose Butterfly. I think they're tough to keep. Hit or miss really. Good luck with tank and restof the crew. Nice job.
Very kind of you. Thank you. It really was one of the fish I was most excited for. But they have reputation for a reason, right?

OP
OP
WisconsinReefing

WisconsinReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful. One day I want a large fish only. So many options when you don't have to worry about corals .
I have a small 50 gallon reef. It was nice to do this build and just pick out the fish I wanted. Obviously you still have to look at comparability, but what I’m learning is if you’re careful and introduce in the right order the right way you can be a bit flexible there. I was very cautious/nervous about 4 tangs. They purple and yellow didn’t get along for the first few days but appear to tolerate each other now

OP
OP
WisconsinReefing

WisconsinReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’re at about the 5 month mark. Sadly lost two fish. I guess copperbands just can’t survive in my tank.
With that unfortunate exception withstanding. Everything else has been great. Seems to be a very cool dynamic in the tank, all 4 tangs get along well, with the gem tang being the star of the show. The trigger is very shy but such an awesome fish, and the puffer is a giant and I’m pretty sure is half dog lol

773B3CF5-4CC8-4042-A776-7803BB4B14FA.jpeg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We’re at about the 5 month mark. Sadly lost two fish. I guess copperbands just can’t survive in my tank.
With that unfortunate exception withstanding. Everything else has been great. Seems to be a very cool dynamic in the tank, all 4 tangs get along well, with the gem tang being the star of the show. The trigger is very shy but such an awesome fish, and the puffer is a giant and I’m pretty sure is half dog lol

773B3CF5-4CC8-4042-A776-7803BB4B14FA.jpeg
Looks great!

Coppers are such picky eaters, Im sorry :(

OP
OP
WisconsinReefing

WisconsinReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!

Coppers are such picky eaters, Im sorry :(
Thanks!

yeah i think it’s just too aggressive of a tank for them. Probably shouldn’t have tried a second but they are so awesome. Lesson learned I’m actually surprised all of the anthias made it. They are tough to keep at first too

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back