Build thread idea

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about starting a new build thread. The tank itself won't be for another year or so, but I might start one to get input on placement in my basement and get input from others on how they did it. I'm fully renovating my basement this winter for the dream set up. Input would be nice for the layout and size ideas for the fish room I'm going to build too. I could get ideas on how to run plumbing, install controller boards, set up mixing stations, light mounting ideas, equipment pros and cons.

The only thing I've really put some thought into thus far is the tank. I'm back and forth on the IM EXT200 and EXT170 and I'm also stuck on if I want to go with custom from Glass Cages.

I know most people start build threads after they have the tank, but would anyone be interested in one that started with the upfront planning, renovations, and equipment/livestock planning before a tank is even purchased and have the eye candy a year away?

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about starting a new build thread. The tank itself won't be for another year or so, but I might start one to get input on placement in my basement and get input from others on how they did it. I'm fully renovating my basement this winter for the dream set up. Input would be nice for the layout and size ideas for the fish room I'm going to build too. I could get ideas on how to run plumbing, install controller boards, set up mixing stations, light mounting ideas, equipment pros and cons.

The only thing I've really put some thought into thus far is the tank. I'm back and forth on the IM EXT200 and EXT170 and I'm also stuck on if I want to go with custom from Glass Cages.

I know most people start build threads after they have the tank, but would anyone be interested in one that started with the upfront planning, renovations, and equipment/livestock planning before a tank is even purchased and have the eye candy a year away?
I started mine before I bought a tank and found it really helpful. I started getting feedback BEFORE I bought anything, which was great. Go for it!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back