Build thread - Seapora 80 gallon

docs911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a deep dimensions 200 gallon tanks for years. Sold it to the LFS. I placed the some of the contents into two small tanks (20x20x20 cube and a 24x24x12 frag tank) plumbed into a common 40 gallon sump. I miss my powder blue and sailfin tang. Decided to buy a larger tank. I ordered a 80 gallon reef ready seapora frag tank 948x24x16 inches). Hopefully will be here next week. In the meanwhile, I built a stand for the tank. It uses 2x6 outer supports and 2x4 inner supports. Top is 3/4 inch plywood. The legs are 4x4 wrapped with 2x6 on one side and 2x4 on the other. Essentially making a 5x5 dimension post, but not as strong. Should at least hold weight that a 36 inch height two post vertical shore. I used vinyl top which looks like granite to make the top water resistant.

stand.jpg

OP
OP
D

docs911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made the stand 61 inch x 41 inches, so I can have counter space around the tank. Using 1/2 inch EMT to hang two Ocean Revive LED lights.

I lost a fish or two due to jumping despite a screen on top. I built a top using PVC wood and 1/4 inch mesh. Should fit right over the tank so I hope that fish will be unable to jump out.

hang LED.jpg

OP
OP
D

docs911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equipment that I currently have and will use on the new build

Lighting: 2 Ocean revive LED lights.
Pump: Jebao DCT-5000 pump plumbed into a manifold with 5 valves so I can add reactors etc.
Sump: rubbermaid 40 gallon tub
Skimmer: Cadlight skimmer (no longer made). Have a Bubble Magus Curve 5 skimmer in the closet as an alternative
Wavemaker: Vortech MP40wes. I have a few but planning on using only 1 on right side (opposite side of the overflow)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back