Build Thread

pjb9166

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Messages
302
Reaction score
157
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been put off my son and I should have started this from the very start. After a year since we lost our home and had to breakdown and give away our reef, my son and I started a new build. It's quite a downgrade in size but it's way more hands on.

Display 40 gal Aqueon
drilled peninsula style
Eshops M overflow kit
Stand Steel Stand from Petco
add-ons are custom floor and
panels still in the works
Sump. 20 gal Aqueon
Baffle Kit Fiji cube

IMG_0857.JPG IMG_0860.JPG IMG_0861.JPG IMG_0862.JPG IMG_0864.JPG IMG_0866.JPG IMG_0867.JPG
 
This has been put off my son and I should have started this from the very start. After a year since we lost our home and had to breakdown and give away our reef, my son and I started a new build. It's quite a downgrade in size but it's way more hands on.

Display 40 gal Aqueon
drilled peninsula style
Eshops M overflow kit
Stand Steel Stand from Petco
add-ons are custom floor and
panels still in the works
Sump. 20 gal Aqueon
Baffle Kit Fiji cube

IMG_0857.JPG IMG_0860.JPG IMG_0861.JPG IMG_0862.JPG IMG_0864.JPG IMG_0866.JPG IMG_0867.JPG
looks great!
 
Cut and installed the rear panel tonight secured with three countersunk screws from the top and bottom through the steel. Then I ran a bead of black calk around the edge to fill any tiny imperfections. Also did the side and bottom shelf. It will be painted Onyx black to match the stand. I love the frosted film on the back glass. Will look cool with one of those RGB led strips lighting it up.

View attachment 1948865

IMG_0872.JPG C5EAC863-713A-4621-B6F1-56FFBE736AE6.jpg IMG_0873.JPG
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new