OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just because I hate getting to the end of a thread and it dead ending, this tank is shut down. I'll start a new build thread when I get a new tank, thanks for anybody that followed or looked.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you will be back soon with bigger tank. Let us the link for Biocube.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you will be back soon with bigger tank. Let us the link for Biocube.

Of course! Nothing much to update while I figure out what to do. I'm running a 45 gallon sump with a carpet nem and 3 platinum clowns I picked up from a local hobbyist that used to breed:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427114484.835375.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427114704.980531.jpg

I also picked up 2 silver eyed plats from a local vendor/breeder that will go in with the other 3 in whatever tank I do:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427115291.875975.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427115302.663176.jpg

Here are some pics of the BC while I was paying attention:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427115337.062982.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man get on it or you'll lose a lot! I have done exactly what you are doing and lost some of my more prized corals in a nano. :( Cool anemone and clowns though!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man get on it or you'll lose a lot! I have done exactly what you are doing and lost some of my more prized corals in a nano. :( Cool anemone and clowns though!

Yeah, this weekend was dedicated to catching up and system planning. Im looking into the DSA 105s as a nice mid range tank.

Unfortunately I've lost most of my prized corals already, but luckily there are lots of locals with frags or actual pieces. My acans, scolys, and montis all took a turn for the worst, but my clam is still doing great, and all my zoas.

The clowns will be wicked cool in whatever I go with, the nem started spawning last night, good thing I had just made some water!

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you are able to fire up the 180 again promise me it will be dubbed "Buildopotamus II". I absolutely love that name for a tank build. You have some excellent photo skills too. Very nice pics.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you are able to fire up the 180 again promise me it will be dubbed "Buildopotamus II". I absolutely love that name for a tank build. You have some excellent photo skills too. Very nice pics.

I promise! LoL, I might even just keep it up here. I'm in line for a DSA 105. Thanks so much, I enjoy taking photos of the tank, it's a second hobby, next to this guy:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427319831.500774.jpg

Is that some green graft I see? :)

You mean the GSP? I have an affinity for the stuff. I try to keep it isolated, love the way it sways!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, some big changes happening. I've settled on a DSA 105. Rev was right, and I lost quite a bit in the Biocube, but the sump with the carpet and the plats is running great.

I managed to find a buyer for it, and my tank, sump, and stand should be here within the week. I picked up a 20 gallon long from Petco's dollar per gallon, and figured I'll sell it off once the tank comes in. I've only got one platinum clown in there, and a bunch of zoas left, so shouldn't have to worry about much, plus why not run them under T5 instead of the stock bio lights?!

I decided on the DSA as it will fit in my spot laid out for it JUST right.

Hung the light and tested it out, ATI 36" 8 bulb dimmable ATI. 6 Blue + and 2 Coral +. This light is out of control, I wont be able to run it past 40%!

Designed my rock work already, drilled for frag plugs, only will have 2 structures in there.

Picked up this overflow from Ebay a while ago from Modularmarine. This was just before Reef Savy came out with theirs this month, so I'll be using it.

The 20 gallon with alls I got left :(

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with the new build! Looks like you have everything ready, just need the tank.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with the new build! Looks like you have everything ready, just need the tank.

Thanks!

Haha, yeah! I've been trying to figure out what route to go for a while, kind of been uninspired for a little bit. Sometimes the hobby is more of a chore, but I'm excited to get back into starting up a build and diving right back into it again. Plus I'm sick of having little "tanks" scattered around the place, just want it all in one system!

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope the new build goes well. Will be following as usual. Having one system really helps with enjoying the hobby instead of things becoming a chore. One system, as automated as possible and just maybe 10-15 mins time spent on tank each day is that I like.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great. I really like the look of it. Well, will be keeping an eye on this tanks progress. :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back