Building a manifold

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when Black Friday hits I plan on buying a Varios 8 pump.

I'd like to build a manifold and run my two tanks (250 & 150) my 50g fuge and my recirculating skimmer (Reef Oct 300ext) off of this. I may go with two pumps and run two manifolds. Does anyone have any parts lists? I know the Home Depot ball valves are a bad idea. Recommendations?

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
use pvcfittingsonline.com buy schedule 80 stuff. Also you can get colored pipe from BRS or Aquariumspecialty.com looks really nice when assembled. For a parts list you need to plan it out yourself unfortunately. If you diagram your ideas we could probably help with individual parts list.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Cepex ball and Spears gate valves - get the ones BRS sells even if you get them somewhere else. Schedule 80 gray pipe makes for a cool look and good match to those valves but is completely overkill, expensive, and actually has a smaller inside diameter than schedule 40. If you don't care about looks just get white schedule 40 pipe & fittings. Easier to find what you need when you need it too.

George Lopez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't go cheap on the valves use true unions to make cleaning and assembly/dissasembly easier.

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
use pvcfittingsonline.com buy schedule 80 stuff. Also you can get colored pipe from BRS or Aquariumspecialty.com looks really nice when assembled. For a parts list you need to plan it out yourself unfortunately. If you diagram your ideas we could probably help with individual parts list.

Agreed. I just did this very thing last week. Draw up a diagram of your intended plumbing design so you can get all the parts you need. Pvcfittingsonline.com has really good pricing and they ship extremely fast as well. I ended up saving nearly $75 on all the various fittings I need for my build compared to buying someplace local. That's including shipping and for sch 80 fittings instead of sch. 40 from local vendors. For colored PVC you can get some colors for a little cheaper than BRS at places like Home Depot and just select ship to store to save on shipping costs. It's only a couple bucks per item less but if you're ordering a lot it adds up.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back