Building an "In Wall Aquarium Stand"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dr Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dr Reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on moving my 300G tank that sits inside the house to the opposite side of the room building it "in the wall" so the front glass will be flush against the wall. The opposite wall where the Marineland Deep Dimension Aquarium 36" deep will sit on the same custom stand I built. Does anyone have photos or heard of someone doing this? If so, I'd like to see photos. My garage is insulated with a large window unit AC. The only "Pause" I have is that I may have to enclose the whole structure with a 3 sided Sheetrock wall as all my business shop tools are in there & I wouldn't want them to become damaged by the salt water... The guy that owns my local LFS did this however he had a hard time selling the home with a built in fish tank. Any thoughts?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new